Are you interested in a career in the hospitality industry?
The world is changing and a multi-billion dollar industry is facing major change.
Are you creative, service-oriented, sustainability-driven, empathetic, innovative and focused on a career in an industry that is much broader than you might think?
If all or some of this applies to you, we believe you may be right for our new Business and Hospitality Management Programme.
Language of teaching: All teaching on the programme is in English.
IB DP and CP – Programme introduction (pdf)
Academic studies and internships
This education is part of the IB Career-related Programme, as the career programmes within IB also offer internships in addition to the academic school work. Within this programme, you get great opportunities to establish important contacts in interesting industries while you prepare for higher studies.
IB CP Business and Hospitality Management at SSHL is a two-year programme that combines academic studies and experience from the industry. Through internships and other workplace experiences, the students’ mobility is facilitated, to promote international understanding.
Prepares for employment as well as higher education
The IB Career-related Programme is an international education recognized by a range of universities, colleges and other educators worldwide. It prepares you for an employment in the Hospitality industry as well as higher education in Business and Hospitality management.
- In the IB Career-related Programme core, the student will study courses which focus on Business & Hospitality Management.
- The student will also study three IB Diploma Programme subjects to secure competence for further studies.
All teaching on the programme is in English except for the students’ mother tongue (language A).
The programme has three parts
- DP Subjects: Business Management, Language A and a choice of one more of the DP subjects offered at SSHL.
- IB CP Core Subjects: Personal and Professional Skills, Language Development (specialization in Hospitality), Service Learning (comparable to C.A.S.) and Reflective Project.
- Career-related Study: Research & Referencing (study skills), Principles of Accounting, Business Management, Principles of Microeconomics, Food Safety and Production, Bar & Food/Beverage Management, Ethics in Business & Hospitality, Communication and World Cultures.
If you choose to follow the IB Career-related Programme, you first do a preparatory year, MYP5 (IB Middle Years Programme final year). This year provides you with an academic foundation for the IB Career-related Programme, and gives you time to adapt to living away from home in a new environment.
If you already have sufficient knowledge from your previous education, you can start directly on the IB Career-related Programme.
For the three DP subjects, students take written examinations at the end of the programme, which are marked by external IB examiners. Students also complete assessment tasks in the school, which are either initially marked by teachers and then moderated by external moderators or sent directly to external examiners.
- The grades awarded for each course range from 1 to 7.
- The core subjects are also marked or moderated by the IB.
- All students receive an IB certificate.