Published 16 May 2023
Programme for Graduation 2023
At SSHL we celebrate a number of traditional graduation activities for students, families and staff.
The following is a brief presentation of the graduation events arranged by the school for 2023.
50 DAYS-TO-GRADUATION and ARCU-GALA
“50-dagars” is a much-loved tradition where the graduating students celebrate that they have only 50 days left until graduation. The event begins on the steps to Midgården where the boarding houses each perform a skit or show of some kind. The students proceed to march off campus and through the town of Sigtuna. Students receive their Matriculation cap when they return to school. The dinner in the evening is for students and specially invited guests. Read more about the 50 days tradition and this years celebration
MONDAY 29 MAY – “GUBBSKIVA”
Dinner for students and specially invited guests (seating in mentor groups). The evening starts with dinner where the students give their speech to the mentors, followed by a performance by the students.
THURSDAY, 1 JUNE – SCHOLARSHIP CEREMONIES
The students gather by the Sports Hall at 13.45 and march into the Sports Hall where parents and family are waiting. The programme starts at 2.00 pm with speeches and music performances followed by the student awards and ends at 4.00 pm. No planned activities at the school follows afterwards.
FRIDAY 2 JUNE – GRADUATION DAY
- Breakfast for boarding students in the boarding houses. The exam witnesses and teachers with lessons, have breakfast in the dining hall.
- The students meet the exam witnesses and teachers in the Dining Hall.
- Exam lessons according to a special schedule in the presence of exam witnesses and school management.
- Scrutinium in the Sports Hall for students, exam witnesses and teachers. The exam witnesses give their assessment and the students say goodbye to their teachers.
- Assembly at Midgårdstrappan for families and friends. The Matriculation cap is exchanged to the Graduation cap in Midgården.
- The student graduation on Midgårdstrappan. Photographing and there after the student meet their families.
- The students assemble on the wall opposite Midgårdstrappan to sing.
- The students gather to march through Sigtuna.
- Receptions at boarding houses. Day students have their own receptions.
- Departure to Valedictory ball from SSHL.