Letter from the Principal: Welcome to SSHL
5 July 2017
Whether you are a returning student, or a new member of our community, I am delighted to welcome you to Sigtunaskolan Humanistiska Läroverket ( SSHL) for the 2017/2018 academic year. My colleagues and I are looking forward to a new and exciting academic year in an increasingly thriving school environment. Please note that the upcoming academic year starts on Sunday August 20th at 13.00, with a welcome drink, mingle and information. At this time, parents and students are expected to be on site. More information will be posted on our website (www.sshl.se) about which class and mentor each student belongs to around one week prior to the event.
Schedule for the Start of School:
Saturday, August 19th (only for new boarders)
- 13.00 Information for new boarding students in the aula.
- 14.00 Check-in at the boarding houses for new boarding students.
- 14.00-18.30 Uniform fitting for new boarding students (boys).
- 19.00 Dinner for all new boarding students.
Sunday, August 20th
- 09.00-12.00 Uniform fitting for new boarding students (girls)
- 13.00-14.00 Mingle and information for all students and families at Midgårdstrappan(In case of rain, we gather in Instan).
- 14.00-15.00 Students and parents of the Swedish programmes meet in the aula for information.
- 14.00-15.00 Students and parents of the IB programmes meet with their mentors.
- 15.00-16.00 Students and parents of the Swedish programmes meet with their mentors.
- 15.30-16.30 Students and parents of the IB programmes meet in the aula for information.
- 16.30-17.30 Annual General Meeting of the Parents Association (PTA) in the aula for all parents. See notice of Annual General Meeting including Agenda.
Please note that UTIS, the school shop is open in Instan between 13.00 and 17.00. Café Humlan will be open.
Monday, August 21st
- 08.15 All Swedish speaking classes meet, in school uniform, with their class at Midgårdstrappan (7A, 7B, 8A, (B, 9A, 9B, EK, NA, SA)
- 09.45 All english speaking classes meet, in school uniform, with their class at Midgårdstrappan (7E, 8E, 9E+F, DP20, DP19, DP18, BM, NAE)
Tuesday, August 22nd
Lessons according to schedule.
School Uniforms at SSHL – 2017-2018
Uniform Fitting for Day Students:
Tuesday, August 15th
08.30-12.00 year 7-9, boys
13.00-16.00 10-12th grade, boys
Wednesday, August 16th
08.30-12.00 year 7-9, girls
13.00-16.00 10-12th grade, girls
New boarding students try out their uniform according to a separate schedule shown above.
SSHL Policy on School Uniforms
As part of the SSHL community, all students are to wear their school uniform correctly at school. Wearing a uniform is mandatory at specific times, and for important, formal school days, and we trust that students will wear their uniform correctly with pride. If a student does not wear their uniform correctly, a warning will be given, and if the offence is repeated, parents will be informed. Students will be asked to correct their uniform if issues are identified. School uniforms at SSHL can be borrowed or purchased depending on the student’s preference. For those who wish to purchase their uniform, please refer to the prices below.
The Following Packages are Available:
Starter Package 1 (2350 kr):
Purchase – Jacket, trousers/skirt and tie – 2350 SEK (1850 SEK + 500 SEK).
Starter Package 2 (800 kr):
Purchase – Trousers/skirt and tie – 500 SEK , borrowed jacket (deposit fee: 300 SEK including dry cleaning costs upon return of jacket).
Starter Package 3:
Apply for funds for Starter Package 2. Apply before school begins to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Starter Package 4:
A used jacket may be purchased for 800 SEK – the full amount goes directly to the seller of the garment. Please note, we have a limited supply of used items.
- Borrowed jackets may not be tailored or refitted.
- Packages 2 and 3 include borrowed items which should be returned in good condition.
- Students that grow out of their trousers or skirts may purchase replacements for 500 SEK.
If you have any questions, please call +46 8 592 57100, or e-mail the office at email@example.com.
Eddy Johansson, Principal (Acting)